Tuesday, 27 March 2012

I got nothin'...

I'm trying to think of something inspirational and motivational ....

I got nothin'.

I'm tired.  I know that.  And today has been one of the days where I feel like I can't get anything right.

I feel like I'm failing at work.  And I spend a good chunk of my day at work, so when I don't feel like I'm doing a good job ... everything seems to spiral down from there.

Isn't it so interesting that when you achieve at work you feel fantastic and almost untouchable.  But then you have one of those days ... like my one today ... a rotten one ... and you feel useless and any confidence you did have from that great day the other day ... slips through your fingers.  And you can feel it draining away.  And then it's gone.  As if you never had it in the first place.  You can't even remember what it felt like to have it.

I know it's wrong ... but I let myself be defined by my achievements or lack of.  It's so wrong.  But when I'm this tired, it's all I feel like I've got.

If a friend was sitting at my kitchen table drinking tea and told me what I just wrote ... "I am defined by my achievements of lack or" ... I would tell her that's ridiculous.  I would tell her that she is defined by the love she gives and receives.  I would tell her ... go for a run.  That'll sort you out I'd say.  A run always gives you the gift of being present and the gift of perspective.  Go for a run.  Just put your shoes on and go for a run.

So ... Kath ... Put your shoes on and go for a run. A run will sort you out.

Run.