Thursday, 29 March 2012

I ran...

Thursday is run day.  So, dropped the kids off at their sports ... chucked my shoes on and ran.

I often say that to people.  Running is so easy to just do ... you chuck your shoes on and go.

That's not actual reality is it though.

It's more like this...

Find your shoes, dig your running clothes out of the washing basket, can't find running clothes there so dig them out of the washing machine, search the house and the car and the shed for your socks, search the house and the car and the shed for a hair-tie, search the house and the car and the shed for your ipod, untangle your ipod, throw your ipod on the bed because it's not charged, search the house and the car and the shed for husbands ipod, untangle his ipod, put your shoes and ....

...run.

And that's exactly what happened today.

4.3 ks.  Felt great to be running today.  I feel like it's been AGES since I've been alone.  And I didn't realise how much I was craving hearing my own thoughts and feeling my own feelings.  It felt good.
I was a better mum this afternoon because of it.

I love that scene from What Women Want ... when Mel Gibson is pitching to Nike.  It's about how the road is always there, waiting for you to run it.  Watch it ... it makes you want to run.

Here it is...
The Road