Sunday, 1 April 2012

The Treadmill...

I reckon my life is like a treadmill.  Just keep running and everything ticks over just fine.

But every now and then, I get off the treadmill.

Like when someone says ... "I'll pick up the kids so that you don't have to rush your doctors appointment".  Or when mum comes to stay and she does all the cooking.  Or like this weekend ... the girls weekend.  I got off the treadmill for a whole day and a whole night.  No kids.  No men.  A LOT of talking.  A LOT of eating.

I used to find that getting back on the treadmill was just too hard... making the getting off just not worth it.

My friend Jo totally agrees.   Getting off the treadmill gives you a glimpse of what you are missing out on!

I went through a faze of just not getting off because I couldn't bare getting back on again.

But I'm okay with that now.  I'm okay with getting back on.  Because I know that it only takes a few minutes of running on the treadmill, and I find my rhythm pretty quick and then everything's easy as again.

I'm suposed to run today.  I haven't yet.  But I will.  I have to.  It's Sunday.  And Sunday is a run day.