Friday, 11 May 2012

Decisions, decisions...

I was thinking about this today.  Because, yet again, I found myself, against ALL odds ... running.

EVERY thing was working against me.  The very tiny window of 37 minutes I had between work and Kindy/School pick up was dissolving and almost down to 30 minutes.  But not once did I think ...

"Nup.  Can't run now.  No time."

How has this happened?  This commitment? I've never been this committed to anything.  In my life.

It's the decision.

I made a decision a few months ago to train to run 10 kms in 55 minutes.  Decision made.

So, I have no more decisions to make.

On the days that I am to run, I run.  I don't have to decide whether or not to run.  Because I decided that ages ago.

Maybe that's what it is.  I decided.

Today's run was AWFUL by the way.  The most awful run ever.  Both Nicky and I suffered like we haven't suffered in ages.  25 minutes of sprint/jog/sprint/jog.  I said to Nicky ... this run will either break us or define us.  Man I hope it defines us.  Because tomorrow we have to run.  75 minutes.  75 MINUTES!

But I have no choice.  The decision is made.