Friday, 4 May 2012

Getting out there...

Oh it's so hard to get out there and run right?  It is SO HARD.

It's cold.  It's dark.  You're so tired.  It's raining.

There is simply NO WAY that I would be getting out there without these three things ....

1) Nicky - Running partner and now friend for life (Sorry Nicky... you are STUCK with me.. FOR EVER!)

2) A Goal - the 10k under an hour in June for us.

3) The training plan

I really don't think it's possible to do this thing without all three of the above.  You can't have Nicky.  She's mine! So find your Nicky NOW.  It's best if you are not friends first.  Have a read of this ... I explain it all there...

NICKY

And you need a goal.  Find the next run ... 5k, 10k, and Half Marathon.  And register for it.  Best if it's not too far away.  Ideally 8 - 12 weeks away.

Then google a training plan.  Print it out.  Put it on the fridge.  And get it done.

Nicky ticked off every day as we passed it and she got such a rush from doing that simple thing.  We just ticked our way through the training.

It's about the "why" too aye.  The why for me was getting slim.  I had been fat for too long and restricting my food and only eating certain things always ended in tears.  I've been slim and strong and fit for nearly 5 years.  Running is the ONLY exercise that can do that for you.

Run.