Wednesday, 9 May 2012

It will pass...

On a big run the other day, I noticed that there are 2 points in a run when I'm done.  I want to stop.  With everything I have I want to stop.  In my head this is what's happening ...

"Stop.  You've done enough.   Stop.  You're not actually a runner anyway.  So stop.  You're done."

This happens 20 minutes in to a run and again 20 minutes later.

So I told myself this...

"You can stop when you've finished.  In fact, you can stop all day.  You're not done.  You've only been running for 40 minutes and you know you can run for 2 hours and 14 minutes.  So you know you can run past this."

And I did.

When those moments grip you ... scream in your head ... it will pass.  It will pass.  Keep running.  It will pass.

Turns out, that run was one of my favourite runs.

Running continues to teach me so much.

What ever it is...  it will pass.  Keep running.  And it will pass.